Friday, June 7, 2013

M.A.C Lipstick Pure Zen

Hello everyone~
I'm not sure how many of you know this, but I'm a totally lipstick manic.
I love buying different types and brands of lipsticks but usually I won't spend a lot on them because well, let's just say I'm NOT willing to spend my money.

However, as I went Hong Kong recently and get to shop at duty free.
I splurge on 2 lipsticks and I think it's the 1st time I ever splurge on makeup.
Usually I would go for drugstore brand as they work pretty well and decent.
Guilty as I felt after buying, I still think it's very much worth the money I paid. I hope. :X

So, I got this cremesheen lipstick as I heard it's suppose to be more moisturizing and leave a gloss finish yet the colour are opaque. Plus this purchase was a super last minutes purchase. A few minutes right before I rush to board the flight.

Actually, I didn't manage to look around and I just randomly grab and go. I know I wanted something wearable and this plus a few nude shades caught my attention, I swatch a few times and decided to get this and trying to use up the balance Hong Kong money.

Apparently this was part of the Marylin Monroe collection but now under the permanent line. Hurray!

 photo SAM_3023.jpg photo SAM_3024.jpg photo SAM_3025.jpg photo SAM_3026.jpg
Sorry that the swatch is not very obvious. I guess my lighting kind of wash out the colour.

Frankly speaking, I thought I wasn't going to like this because when I swatch it at home, it actually look kind of sheer. Despite the nude is the colour I really like, it just doesn't seem to attract me. I was so scare it's going to wash me out and look like some sick person.

However, after wearing this out today, I am completely SOLD. The nude suit me pretty well. Doesn't look too nude on me, although the colour does not fully show out in my lip (Guess my lip might be too pigmentation). This nude has a peach undertone which suit me more and does not wash out me. (If not, I'll be looking like some sick person). It is super wearable!!!

Overall, I'm happy with this purchase.
It's retailing at SGD$29 at Singapore MAC counters/ stores.
I got this for about SGD$24/ HKD145 at Hong Kong airport.
Slightly cheaper but better than nothing right?
MAYBE just maybe I would want to try out different type of MAC lipsticks but when I'm older or when I start working and is capable to purchase it.
Afterall, it's not a cheap/ affordable lipstick for me to purchase now.

That's all for this post.
Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment