Friday, October 11, 2013

Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade

Hello!
Today, I'm here with another review.
Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade.
I was looking forward to purchase the lip butter because of the highly rave by many youtubers.
I believe this is part of their new collection for Spring/Summer and I got this from Wastons' sale a few months ago.

To be honest, I am really disappointed.
Firstly, this isn't the colour I wanted initially.
The colour I wanted is Juicy Papaya but it was sold out. So I decided to choose pink lemonade because I have never gotten such a light or bubblegum pink before.

And I THOUGHT the colour will definitely show up as many gurus rave about the pigmentation.
Unfortunately for me, the formula for this new collection is really sheer as compare to their "normal" line.

Needless to say, the colour show up pretty sheer and the pinkish nude totally washed me off.
I must say it look really close to my MAC Pure Zen, but I love my Pure Zen more as it doesn't wash me off and make me look ill.

 photo SAM_3256.jpg  photo SAM_3259.jpg  photo SAM_3260.jpg

To add on to my disappointment, my lip butter actually melted and I feel so disappointed right now.
I almost wanted to throw it away but decided to just used it up as soon as I can.
Maybe, just MAYBE I'll give the normal lip butter line a try after I'm done with this.

Till then,
Bye~
Gwen.

2 comments:

  1. The normal lip butters are really nice in my opinion! They actually work and depending on the color, they do show up on your lips.
    I haven't tried this collection yet, but from your review, I might now because it would suck if they melted since the lip butters are a bit costly.

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      Thanks for commenting!!
      Hmm, maybe I'll give the normal lip butter a try.
      I read other reviews and they also commented that this particular line is pretty sheer. I'm not too sure whether the melted part is due to me leaving it in my bag, however my others lipstick which was in the same bag didn't melt.

      Quite disappointed with that though.

      gwen :)

      Delete