Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tim Ho Wan (添好運) @ Bedok Mall

Firstly, Happy Chinese New year everyone!
Hope you had your fun collecting your ang bao and win lots of money from gambling~
It's like a tradition that everyone will gamble during CNY no matter how young you are.
Just remember to "play small and win small" after all it's just for the "feel" right?

Anyway, I've been eating a lot for the past few weeks. So let's start with the "not-so-nice" 1st.
Tim Ho Wan had opened a few outlets after their 1st launch in Singapore. So J and I decided to go to the Bedok Mall outlet 1 day after school since we ended school early.

Even though the place wasn't even full, they still make us wait outside for like 15 minutes or more. Which I think it's completely stupid. I think they are just trying to make people who are walking pass to know that you need to queue to get in. Marketing..

But seriously, there were SO MANY tables available and still make us waited.

 photo 20140108_150045.jpg  photo 20140108_150651.jpg 
Baked BBQ Pork Bun (酥皮炬叉烧包) I think was 1 of the nicest bun that I had eaten. 
I like the skin which is super sweet and crunchy. The filling is sweeter than normal bbq pork bun. However, I don't think I can eat a lot of it because it's a little too sweet for me. Too bad I didn't try this when I was in Hong Kong because we ordered other stuffs. 
 
 photo 20140108_150657.jpg 
Another big 4 in their menu. Pan Fried Carrot Cake (香煎萝卜糕). From what I remember, the one I had in Hong Kong was so much softer and less salty. The one that they serve wasn't bad but just not as soft as the one I had in Hong Kong. The one in Hong Kong basically melted inside your mouth.
 photo 20140108_153246.jpg 
We also ordered 1 of their desserts which I think it's really nice. Not too sweet and taste yummy! Tonic Medlar and Osmanthus Cake (杞子桂花糕). Their other desserts are too "normal" so definitely give this a try!
 photo 20140108_152426.jpg 
Part of their heavenly 4, Steamed Egg Cake (香滑马来糕). Even though I didn't try the one from Hong Kong, I can tell you it's not nice at all.
I think the 1 that I bought from my house market dimsum stall is so much nicer.
To me, it taste super normal. As compare to some people who mention that their steamed egg cake is the best/dope or whatever. Totally a huge disappointment. 
 photo 20140108_151026.jpg
This is Vermicelli roll with Beef (免治牛肉肠) which isn't too bad. I like the sauce but it's not the best vermicelli roll I had eaten. 

We ordered their 3 of the 4 Heavenly Kings. From what Puaysee told me, I'm not pinning much hope in trying because she say the one that Hong Kong serve was much better and Singapore one just wasn't good or even on par.

Frankly speaking, I couldn't really remember how the taste of the foods that I ate when I was in Hong Kong because it had been such a long time. However, as compare to other dimsum stalls in Singapore such as 126, I would rather go there and eat.

Maybe the Plaza Sing outlet would be better? Not too sure but definitely won't be going back any time soon to try.

Tim Ho Wan (添好運)
Bedok Mall
311 New Upper Changi Road #B1-51/52
Singapore 467360
Mon - Fri : 11am - 10pm
Sat/Sun & P.H :10am - 10pm
Tel: (65) 6246 2000

Let's end this with something festive!

You're welcome!!!
HUAT AH!~

No comments:

Post a Comment