Wednesday, June 11, 2014

US Hauls!

Yup, You didn't see the tittle wrongly.
I'm doing a US hauls without going to America.
As most people will normally order through Vpost, comgateway or 65daigou as the middleman to ship US products to us.

However, the shipping can be expensive if you are not ordering a lot because the 1st 500g already cost 13 to 14 SGD. Unless I am making a huge order, normally I would join spree to save on the shipping cost.

But 1st, let me show you what I bought recently.

 photo SAM_3954.jpg 

These are the items I got recently. Usually I would order ELF too, but recently they aren't having any special promotion and I'm not running short of anything. Also, Children clothing! I always ordered Carters & Oshkosh clothing for Nicole. Personally, I think they have the best children clothing. Super  good quality and worth every penny I paid. 


Let's get started on my drugstore order. I always order my stuffs from drugstore.com because they have more variety and cheaper as compare to Singapore. Most of the items I gotten are those you can't find in Singapore yet.

 photo SAM_3960.jpg 
1st up, EOS shaving cream. EOS is definitely not a new brand in Singapore although we don't see it in any physical shop. It is because of the Youtube culture, most blogshop are selling their lip balm. However, they always marked up the price by a lot! And I heard there are fake lip balm in the market now!!!


Although I do use "fake" product (e.g: my 3ce lipgloss from taobao) but at least I know that is fake and am using on my own risks,  but those blogshop seller may not even know what they are selling are fake. So, buying directly from the US is the safest and cheaper


Back to the shaving cream, I have never used any shaving cream prior to these so I have nothing to compare it against to. However, this is really the best shaving cream! I like how it is lotion like, and does not irritate my skin when I wet shave. Normally I would get shaving bumps/abrasion easily even using condition as a base. 


This does not give me any problem at all!! And it shave my armpit super clean!! 
Currently I'm using the pomegranate raspberry scent, OMG I can keep smelling my armpit because the scent is super nice!!! 


And the shipping do take quite awhile, therefore I ordered another 2 more as backed up! 
See how much I love this EOS shaving cream! 

 photo SAM_3961.jpg  photo SAM_3964.jpg 

Next up, is another product highly raved by many youtubers. Wet n Wild lipstick. 
I love these lipstick TTM! It is really affordable. I think after shipping, handling and local postage, the lipstick cost about SGD$5 to 7? I'm not very sure but it is super worth every single penny. 


These lipsticks have a matte finish and it is super pigmented however, it is on the drier side. These 2 are the perfect dupe for MAC and Limecrime lipstick! Pinkerbell is the dupe for MAC's Viva Glam Nicki and Just peachy is the dupe for Lime Crime’s Babette. This whole line have many dupes for many high end lipstick. 
Just google it and you can find a whole list on it. 


But seriously, these lipsticks are the best other than the stupid packaging. 


 photo SAM_3972.jpg  photo SAM_3973.jpg  photo SAM_3977.jpg 
Last item I got was this Maybelline Fit me powder. I don't remember whether did I used it already, but either way let's just treat it as I haven't start using. Haha. 


I was really skeptical when I ordered this because I have no idea what shade should I order. I google lots of reviews trying to find which shade will I be. 
Luckily, I got the correct shade in 220 (let's just assume it is because I can't try out the other shade anyway) and I think the powder is really fine and smooth! Can't wait to start using this once I'm done with my current powder. 


I don't think Singapore carry this line yet, but there are really ALOT of shades to choose from. I think 28? That's really ALOT! So, you can give it try if you are looking for a new pressed powder and want to try something that Singapore does not carry. They have a lot more line that Singapore does not carry. Even those the Singapore carry, over at drugstore.com is way cheaper. E.g Revlon color balm stick. 


Next is bath and body works. I know MBS already have their flag store but I am too lazy to go all the way down to MBS to buy. I heard it was more expensive too. No idea, but I don't mind buying from the local store but I just want to add on more items to make my postage worth it. Haha.


I really love using hand sanitiser and I always wanted to try out their hand sanitiser because of those you tubers! And yes, their scents is OMG SO NICE!


 photo SAM_3968.jpg  photo SAM_3969.jpg 
The sanitiser holder is so adorable too!!!!! 
Perfect for the summer!~
 photo SAM_3971.jpg

So, where did I ordered all theses from?
I ordered through my favourite LiveJournal spree Yanting-spree
No, this is not a sponsor post (although I wish it was so I can save on shipping haha).

Because most items I ordered are really small, and I think it is more worth or money saving to order through her sprees rather than order through those middleman company.

I do have to say, sometime her handling fees are quite expensive. Therefore, order from her when you are not ordering a lot or don't mind paying the extra handling fee. Her exchange rate are on the higher side too. But I feel safe order through her because I haven't had any bad experiences yet.

It all boiled down to whether you are ordering a lot or whether you find it worth paying the extra charges that she charge. For me, I definitely will order through her because I am not ordering a lot and I can combine a few sprees just to make my postage worth it.

But the waiting time varies and sometime sprees do get cancel when the response isn't great.
Not too worry, she update the spree-ers very promptly and that is what I like about her. She don't give sloppy email but every single update she received, she would email us. I like it! Haha. At least I know what is going on.

Join me at http://yanting-spree.livejournal.com to start shopping all the US goodies and ordered brands that Singapore does not carry! You can save your money too! Because make up are pretty cheap over there!!

-Gwen (:

2 comments:

  1. HI BABE, this is Yan Ting Spree! We happened to drop by your page, and saw your review! Thanks for sharing on your experience with us! We are glad that you like your items, and our service as well! We hope to receive your next orders soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI!

      I'm just giving my honest reviews!
      Glad to shop with you too! (:

      -Gwen (:

      Delete