Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Taiwan Trip - Day 4 Part 1

Have been really really lazy to blog recently despite being very free.
Nonetheless, it was our 2nd last day in Taipei and my sister suggested to go 淡水.
We took their train all the way to the last stop. The weather was fine when we reached there.

I'm splitting this into 2 part because I think 淡水 deserve a post on it own!
And I clearly forgot to take photos for my last day in Taipei. Heehee

Below is the scenery that we saw after exiting from the station. Click to enlarge!
 photo SAM_3909.jpg  photo SAM_3911.jpg  photo SAM_3912.jpg  photo SAM_3913.jpg 

We reached pretty early about 11am thus, most of the shops are not open yet. 
But the fragrance from all these BBQ shops are soooooooooo tempting!! 

 photo SAM_3915.jpg 

We bought this ice cream which I totally forgot what is called. But we ordered the shorter version as we do not want to fill ourselves to the brim with ice cream~

I shared the mango favour with Nicole. It wasn't the best, but oh well Nicole enjoyed it and that's great! 

 photo SAM_3917.jpg  photo SAM_3918.jpg 
After walking around aimlessly when most shops are still not open, we decided to take a boat across the bank to 八里老街.
 photo SAM_3919.jpg  photo SAM_3920.jpg  photo SAM_3922.jpg  photo SAM_3923.jpg  photo SAM_3924.jpg  photo SAM_3925.jpg  photo 20140523_122717.jpg  photo SAM_3927.jpg photo SAM_3928.jpg  photo SAM_3929.jpg 
 photo SAM_3951.jpg
After arriving at 八里老街, we were greeted by the street of foods!!!!!!!

 photo SAM_3931.jpg  photo SAM_3932.jpg
This store sell the best fried finger foods!!
Please go try if you happen to be there!

I LOVE ALL THIER FOODS and the best thing is, 
you get to sample some before purchase! 

 photo SAM_3933.jpg


There is this small vendor at the start of the street which sell lots of yummy pastries! 
I bought the doughnut and find it pretty alright but a little too oily. 

My mum and sisters bought this Yam biscuits and they swear by it! 
They said it was the best yam biscuits ever! 

So, do drop by and try it! This is the only stall that sell this. 
Definitely not a problem to find this stall! 

 photo IMG_13546373338305.jpeg

The rain started pouring after we purchased our snacks.
Since there wasn't much thing to shop over there, we headed back to 淡水.

Luckily most shops are opened by the time we reached back.
We went to starbucks to chill and waiting for the rain to stop. 
 photo SAM_3935.jpg 
On my way, I finally got to buy BUBBLE TEA!!!
It was super cheap and nice!!!
LOVE IT! 
 photo 20140523_133454.jpg 

Also got to try 阿给 which is tofu with some rice vermicelli inside. 
I think it's the sauce that make it super yummy!!  

 photo 20140523_143500.jpg 
We also made this family zodiac over there. 
I can't remember how much this cost because my mum paid for it. 
The shop 传艺工坊 is located at 
淡水区中正路168号!
 photo SAM_3992.jpg

Lastly, I had my hair wash and cut at David John Salon.

 photo 1400850521062.jpg

Super affordable and the service is SUPER GOOD!
You can never find the same standard of service and quality with the price we paid in Singapore.
I only trimmed my fringe and wash my hair. If i'm not wrong it was only NT300!

David John Hair salon
台北市
南京西路8号3楼
Tel: 2523-2003

That's all we did in the day~
The next post will be a short one on our dinner.
Because there are quite a few photos on foods!!!!!!!

Til then,
Bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment